Big News & Special Prayer Request

In blog-posts, Uncategorized

BlogPost-TwinsAnnouncement

The news is out!

Martin and I are expecting, not just one precious child but two! If you know us at all and the three ring circus that is our lives, you know that this came as a great shock to us as well as an overwhelming blessing. We are still a little speechless, but trusting God as the giver of every good thing! And if you are reading this, You are probably someone we call friend, whether we have ever met you or not, and I hope it isn’t an imposition to ask you to join us in praying for two things:

1. With these 2 sweet blessings has come worse morning sickness than I could have ever imagined. I am currently on tour with Casting Crowns and there have been nights that I was unsure if I could pull myself off the couch to play my set. Please pray for my stomach to be able to take in and retain the nutrients my body needs. And pray that Josie will understand why mommy is resting more and not bouncing around with her as much πŸ™

2. Pray for these two peanuts in my belly. Pray for healthy growth and development, as well as hearts that will grow to love Jesus.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for joining with our family on this crazy, unexpected adventure!

Much love,
Laura, Martin and Jo

Recent Posts
Showing 66 comments
  • Coal Miner

Congratulations on your little precious gifts from God!

• Melissa Kiker

Congratulations and God bless you and your family during this pregnancy and beyond. Praying you all up! <3

• Mariah Keener

So happy for you! I’m so bummed I missed you at Hershey cause I would’ve loved to see you! Praying for you and hoping I can see you soon! Love you! πŸ™‚

• Mary P

Will definitely be praying and congratulations on your double blessing!!! :oD

Those seabands that you wear on your wrist for motion sickness are fabulous for morning sickness as well.

• Christi McCollum

Know that you can count on our prayers here in Columbia! We have loved you guys since you spent the weekend with us and our church and we are so excited for what God is doing in your lives. Praying for your stamina and your health and the health of your sweet babies. Praying for your precious Josie as she grows and for Martin as he supports you along the journey! You all are so loved. Wrapping you tightly in His loving care!

• Kristi Bothur

Ditto from another friend in Columbia. Praying for you earnestly!

• brittany

Lord Jesus we come before you Lord we lift up her morning sickness calm the waves in her stomach. I pray peace be still over her stomach . Lord Jesus you created children to break down strong holds in people’s lives Lord. I pray that they would start to get there voices in there mothers woumb and begin to make a huge impact on people’s lives when there born. I pray that Laura story gets the rest she needs Lord and I pray that you continue to provide strength for her amen

• Lori Schroeder Gray

Congratulations on your two gifts from God. They will be true blessings in your life. I will pray that you get the rest you need as well as a rest from the morning sickness. I have had the pleasure of seeing you at Kingdom Bound Darian Lake last year and just recently on your tour with Casting Crown at the Chapel in Getzville NY. God Bless you and your family and I’m sure these two new additions will make your life even more complete.

• Anastasia

I was just ecstatic when I saw this! Will pray! Totally get the morning sickness…eek!

• Caroline Simas

Laura…love all of your music and we have mutual friends in Spartanburg, S.C. although I live in Charlotte, N.C. I am a Christian artist (Multiple Blessings) and also have twins (twin girls after having two boys)…it’s wild but wonderful! Will certainly be praying for the requests mentioned here and for your family. God bless!

• Naomi

GOD WILL BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY πŸ™‚

• Julie A. Powell

What an incredible blessing the Lord has chosen to give you and your beautiful family. I am so very happy for you and will continue to pray for you and your precious little ones!! Our God is truly an AWESOME God!! Special prayers for your morning sickness and being able to do your sets during the concerts!

• Jane Morann

I am a doula part time I just wanted you to know about sea bands. It is a band that goes on your wrist on a pressure point that can relieve nausea from pregnancy, motion sickness etc. They are under $20 on Amazon. They don’t hurt you or the babies. Prayers to you and your family. ~Jane

• John Taylor

Awesome news!!! My wife and I saw the tour in Ft. Wayne IN. and loved it! But now I know why you did a short set. Still Great! We will be praying for ALL of you. God Bless.

• Anna Lyons

Laura, I’m so excited for all of you!!! A wonderful gift from God!!! Will be keeping you in my prayers ( all of you) β™₯β™₯

• Julie-Rose E. Tedrick

Hooray for twins! my boy/girl set are 14 months old and more fun than ever. I remember the morning sickness (aka ALL DAY sickness all to well) this too shall pass but definitely praying for you in that arena. My motto is “Two” blessed to be stressed. Also Zecahriah 9:12 (I think) says something to the extent of receiving two blessings for each of your trials, a favorite verse in our house. Enjoy your double portion and all of the adventures they bring.

• Andrea H

Laura…I really enjoy your music! I’m also pregnant with twin boys, due in May. Zofran was my best friend for the first few months of this pregnancy! It doesn’t make you sleepy and it definitely helps the nausea. Praying for you and your little ones! How exciting!!!

• Paula Ahlrich

Congratulations!! Praying for all of you! So exciting!

• Pam Polston

Twice the fun. Excited for you all will be praying

• Nancy Zimmerman

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! My daughter and I saw you at the PNC Center in Raleigh on the Casting Crowns tour. You were awesome, and we were disappointed that you only did 3 songs. Now I understand the why behind that! You will be in my prayers, Laura. I can’t tell you enough what your ministry means to me, and now to my daughter. Blessings on your family.

• Rachel D.

Covering you & your expanding family in prayer.. God is the giver of all good things!

• Kimberly Robbins

Dear Lord:
    I thank you for Laura n for her faithfulness to You in using her talents to further your kingdom n to bless so many she could not reach one by one. I celebrate her love of life n desire to bounce often with dear Josie in balancing life as a family on tour, thank you that u hear her prayer n will continue to bless her treasured relationship w her daughter. I ask Lord for your continued favor on her n ask specifically for comfort for her tummy n knowledge of what she can eat that will settle well n be perfectly nutritious for all 3 πŸ™‚ Lord we thank you for the 2 special blessings growing within her n look forward to who they will become in you as they arrive, thrive n grow n get to know n love You! Thanks Lord for listening n treasuring our hearts longings. In Jesus precious name we pray. Amen.

• Judi

Laura, I don’t know you, but love your music! I will be praying for you and your family. I have boy/girl twins who are graduating high school this May and they were our miracle after ten years of marriage. They have such a special bond and have blessed our lives so much. Take extra good care of yourself, as a twin pregnancy can be more difficult. Wishing you all the best!

• Jim & Linda Carroll

Congratulations
    My husband and I have seen you twice. Once while on a mission trip with our church, Fi rst Presbytetian Church of Lake Placid, Fl, at Abraham Lincoln University. You did worship in the evening. Then again at our church
    Your music is such a Blessing to us. Praying that your pregnancy has no problems and the morning sickness is minimal.

• Elizabeth R. Ray

I’ll be praying for you and your family! I can’t imagine what the morning sickness must be like! I am eager to hear what songs God gives you through all of this and can’t wait to hear about the blessings you experience through this. πŸ™‚

• Jill Hess

Praying for you Laura, Martin, and precious Jo. God you created every living detail, and every single cell in Laura. You have knitted together these marvelous little blessing to grow, and flourish in Laura. You bring order to chaos, and calm raging seas, and I ask you bring that same calm, to Laura’s body, and that every symptom of morning sickness would ease, and in it’s place physical stability. Lord multiply the affects of rest each time Laura sleeps, that she may awake refreshed, and able not only to complete what each day presents, but to do so with energy, with full and complete health. Thank you Jesus, for your intimate, gracious response to our request. You love is all consuming! We give you all the glory Jesus.

• Missi Jacobus

Sweet Laura! I was in your shoes exactly eight 1/2 years ago! Having a little girl with twin girls born 24 months later (two months early) and so sick my sweet friends & family had to help take care of her. To look back and see God’s timing, healing and provision through the Body of Christ when no family lived nearby is a daily reminder of His faithfulness. I cannot wait to hear what STORY He has in store for these little Story’s! In your weakness, I pray His strength and power is displayed in the power of Jesus name, A-men!!

• Nancy Ruess

What a blessing! I too feel like you and your family are our friends also. We will surely keep you all in our prayers! Keep us updated.

• Sue Berkley Tressler

Prayers for you and your family!!! I am so inspired by your songs!!!!

• KsCasey

Morning sickness…argh!! When it lasts all day long it’s draining and when you can’t just lie down it makes it even worse. Praying for God to give you the grace you need and for health for you and the kidlets. My husband and I worked in a teen mom group home for three years and we offered the moms gingerale. It might give you a tiny bit of relief.

• Dana Vice Scott

sending prayers to you! I have twin almost 8 year old boys, there is such a great bond and love between them! I thank God every day for them! I had such terrible morning sickness, it too shall pass…dr always told me it was a good sign! May God continue to bless your family!

• Peggy Marie Hartman

Laura what a blessing to see you in Raleigh and to meet your family. You are such a special woman of the Lord Praying for you and your babies and family and ministry.

• Grace Marie Johansen

Congratulations! I am from Perimeter Church, and have been asking my husband for weeks, “Do you think Laura Story is pregnant, or is it my imagination?”. Ha ha :). Oh, I am so happy and excited for you! We will be praying for this – your double blessing!

• Lynda G. Dean

Laura, Martin and Josie ….. knowing your family is such a blessing. God believes this world needs more Elvingtons and I agree! What a wonderful surprise! These two little ones have so much to add to and receive from the three of you. Praying for the rest of your tour, for the nausea to subside, for your strength to be multiplied daily and for this to be great song-writing material for the future! Love you guys!

• Kim

Laura, I will for sure be praying for your sweet family! Your music ministry is such a blessing to so many! I heard you at Women of Faith Atlanta several years back! Your testimony is heart touching! I pray that your morning sickness will not last through the pregnancy!

• Tracy Lane Axcell

Oh Laura, I’m praying along with all your other friends!! Father God, thank you for these two new lambs of Yours!! We ask for health for Laura as well as the babies and for their hearts to be drawn to You at an early age. Keep sweet Josie close and help her understand Mama’s need to be sleeping more. GIve Martin grace and discernment during these coming months. According to Your will, in Jesus’ name, AMEN!!

• Kathryn Hahn

Oh, Laura, I can so sympathize with your morning sickness. Thankfully by my 4th someone told me about the wonderful B6. It was a God send! I took it before I even got out of bed. Also, Nux Vomica works in seconds!! This is all natural to be found in a health food store or healthy lifestyle aisle at some grocery stores. It is made by Hylands or one by Boiron these two are the best. I saw you at our church a while back. I attend Max Lucado’s church. Congratulations on your wonderful new blessings!

• Christel

Praying for your morning sickness to pass and a wonderful time during your pregnancy with Josie. For healthy growth and a easy delivery of your two new additions to your family. May GOD give you peace and patience with those around you.

• Linda Stenzel

God gives over and above all we could think or ask!!! πŸ˜€ Congrats, and prayers will flow.

• Nicole James Andersen

I get very sick throughout all 3 of my pregnancies, so when I was pregnant with my 3rd daughter I had a hard time having the energy to play with my other 2 little girls. I came up with a make believe game we called “granny”. I would talk like an old southern granny and the girls would come sit by me and listen to me read and tell make believe “granny” stories. I got to stay laying on the couch and they got the attention they needed. It has been 4 years and they still ask to play granny. This may not be “the game” for you but I am confident that God will give you just the right one to give your little on the attention she needs while you still can be resting.

• lindalouise

Praying here in San Antonio Laura.

• Didi K

Laura. SO SO SO excited and grateful. I am literally setting an alarm on my phone for 7p every day to pray for you. **HUG**

• Michelle Campbell- Schaffer

Congratulations and Gods blessings for you (not to have morning sickness) your husband, Josie & the little ones.

• Jackie Drake

Congratulations, Laura! As the grandmother of twin girls (8 yrs old) I can tell you that it is an AMAZING gift and blessing every day. Praying for you.

• GenΓ©e Dozier

Prayers are always with you, Martin and sweet Jo — and now the two newest blessings. May the Lord continue to strengthen and keep you in the midst of your love for God and your surrender. Love you girl!

• Nikki Martinez

Wow–AWESOME (except for the morning sickness)! Prayers will definitely be sent your way, and I’ll make sure the listeners know too. So that means extra pancakes at breakfast at Momentum…and no edible flowers, right? πŸ™‚ –Nikki

• Brenda Sisney Weber

Such precious blessings! Praying for health for all of you and strength for you specifically. Thank you for touching so many people with your music and just by sharing your life with us. God will use this to bless you and others in ways you could never imagine!

• Ashley Eia

Dear, sweet girl, I am right there with you! Though I havent been to the doctor yet to find out how many blessings we are expecting. All I know is this is the worst morning sickness when compared to the morning sickness I had with my son. I too wonder how I will be able to continue on, but with a whispered prayer, I do. I pray that God will give you the strength you need to carry on, the nutrition you and your babies need, and sweet understanding (and lots of hugs and kisses) from your little girl. God bless you as you give life to these babies! Much love and many prayers.

• D-Sue Browning

Prayer is coming your way right now. God is great and so is peppermint/spearmint natural tea. Ginger, too.

• bhparnell

What wonderful news! I will be praying for your requests and knowing our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ He will lovingly answer each one. Hope the morning sickness leaves you soon! Saltine crackers sometimes helped me, but everyone is different in how their body handles the ever changing addition. Love your music and listen to it on WLFJ all the time.

• Cheryl S

Wonderful news and what precious blessings! I have 5 month old twin girls and I know what you are going through! Twin pregnancy seems to cause the worst morning sickness!! I was on zofran until about 14-15 weeks along. I read an article though, saying that it is no longer what they suggest for pregnant women to handle morning sickness. My thyroid also went a little berzerk during that time- so that wasn’t helping matters either. I found peppermint tea, frequent small meals and tums helped as well. I will pray for you, that God will give relief and strengthen you to grow these babes! It’s quite a journey and I hope you can enjoy it with a calmer stomach soon!!!

• Sandy Rudisail Fowler

Laura what great news

• Sandy Rudisail Fowler

What great news not one blessing but 2..Will be praying for your sickness to subside soon..Want also to tell you got your new cd love it…

• Janel

Congratulations! Such wonderful blessings being given to you straight from the hand of the Lord! God has blessed me with 3 sets of twins and many more children. If you have questions or want suggestions, please ask. Children seem to be my specialty. πŸ™‚ I recommend the book When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Dr. Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein. It is available on Amazon. I’ll be praying for you and your family.

• Renee Swope

Praying for you friend!!

• ned thompson

Saw you last night in Tampa , and it was awesome! Congrats on the twins and we are keeping your family in our prayers! God bless you!

• Kathy Clucas

The Lord bless you and keep you. Oh my goodness! Congratulations, and lots of prayers coming your way!

• Pet Karan7

Praying for you and entire family, congratulations !!! love your music.

• beckyl

I was excited to hear the news you’re expecting twins. I will be praying for you as you tour with Casting Crowns, which I like as well! I enjoy your music alot too. Stay focused, know you’re loved and keep on sharing your heart for the Lord. Remember God is with you, always! Hugs and prayers.!

• Robin Ellis Lamprecht

We will surely be praying for you. I have stomach issues and have had them for 4 years. Being nauseous and never knowing when it will hit me. I can’t imagine you going on and doing a show. I’m sure it’s the holy spirit that gives you the strength. Will be praying for those babies to be perfectly healthy and the nausea to go away quickly. You are such a blessing and I love your music!! Last time you were pregnant I saw you on In Touch. Maybe we’ll see you again on there with the twins. Blessings!!

• Didi K

I have an alarm that goes off every single day – and I pray for you and your little people. Rarely super long or in depth, but every day. ***HUG*** Cannot WAIT to see you in 5 days!

• melissa stadtlander

Laura, what sweet joy! I just smiled when I read and saw those 2 little peanuts in your belly! God is so good!! I was so happy to hear of your first little blessing of grace and now 2 more! πŸ™‚ More praise for you to sing to Him! I will pray for you-for those little ones to stay healthy and happy as they grow and for strength for you for each step of this journey! You will need it! But faithful God, He will do it! And specifically right now for that morning sickness!! So sorry!! I also just want to let you know that your songs have touched my life for so many years and have strengthened my walk with God. Your most recent album, every song is so right where I am that truly I sing each one as a prayer right back to Him. Your understanding of His grace is such an example to me! Your heart of humility, the honesty and open handed lyrics truly touch my heart–thank you so much for the ministry you have played in my life.

• Stephen Buckley

Laura,
    On a practical note, some women find sea sickness wrist bands which stimulate the acupressure point on the wrist useful. Ginger is also helpful for some women, lemon and ginger tea, cyrstalliced ginger. (Some times prayer needs a little practical help.) ;o)
    God bless you and protect you, may he hold you in his grace during your pregnancy.

• Tiffaney Ray

Laura by your music it touches me everyday I wake up I sing your songs there powerful messages being brought forth in it, I just feel theHoly spirit when I hear your music to God be the Glory, You stay rooting in grounding in Christ JESUS. You just don’t sing to be doing it, But you sing to the Glory of God!! Your music inspires me every morning I was on my way in to work sitting in my car gazing up to the heavens listening to Laura Story in I found my self in awe in tears begin to roll down my face not tears of sadness but because one day I Will make it through them pearly gates. If I never make it to a concert see you at a church function or bump into you on the streets, I will see you one day in Heaven my sister Hallelujah God bless you and I love you Sister in Christ JESUS sending love from
    Dallas, Texas

• Tiffaney Ray

In Im praying for you I pray that God give you Strength right now in the name of JESUS!!! AMEN

• Amy Orcutt

That cool hope there healthy too love you guys god bless you guys From Amy